Monday, December 12, 2011

Miss Perspective

I am currently writing a satire for one of my classes. My subject is: Voting. My perspective: Don't vote.

As I was working on it this weekend, I would write a few paragraphs and then read it out loud to my husband. He was impressed with my points and said that they actually bring up good points. This made me nervous that my satire was going to be too convincing.

Writing this satire has brought a new perspective for me, the writer. That is one of the purposes for writing a satire--to bring perspective. Below are some tips if you are interested in writing a satire.


Tips To Writing a Satire

1. Have a good knowledge of current affairs.

2. Keep information current, hot, and simple.

3. Choose a solid topic that people can relate to.

4. Give yourself time to write it.

5. Choose a powerful title


I am turning the paper in today. After I receive my grade and critique, I will post it.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...