Thursday, November 3, 2011

Miss HR, whaaa?

So, I work in HR now. I recently transferred departments and I have been enjoying it. I mainly work as an employment coordinator assisting in posting jobs and reviewing applications. I am also working on a few small projects. Currently I am working on a project that has to do with the Rehabilitation Act, section 504.  It's been interesting and I am learning a lot about legal and ethical issues.

Human Resources is more than just hiring and firing. HR deals with the internal employment structure in a company, or in my case, a university. Here are a few gems that I have learned over the past 2 weeks:
  • Patience looks really good on you
  • People who apply for a job, usually think they should get it...no matter what
  • Being the bearer of bad news takes practice
  • You are a therapist 
  • Reviewing 30 applications is the easy part
  • Asking the right questions is is great way to reveal character
  • You resume doesn't get you the job, your interview does
I know there is so much more to learn but this has been such a great opportunity for me. I am learning and growing in new ways and expanding my skills and abilities.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...