Monday, October 17, 2011

Miss Digital This or That?

The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.
-Bill Gates 

Just because we have it, does it mean everything has to go digital? Does this have to go digital or does that go digital? How decides?


We have a newspaper publication on campus called, The Scroll. Check it out. Honestly, I don't read it much because I don't have time in between classes to actually read. But, the articles aren't awful and occasionally controversial among the student body. (You know us opinionated educated folk. We always have our 2 cents to throw in.)

The question was posed recently if it should go fully digital and expire the print version. My original reaction was, no. There is something to be said about the nostalgia of holding a newspaper in hand. But, as I thought about it more, I thought objectively and about our future. Is internet really going to be the "global village of tomorrow"?

I am not sure what The Scroll is going to do but if they do change, here are my suggestions for going digital:

  • Start campaigning early in a creative way
  • Improve the current site and purchase the domain name, "www.thescroll.com"
  • Use more multi-media
  • Receive feedback for leverage

What do you think? Does every publication need to go digital to be useful and effective for all users?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...