Friday, October 21, 2011

Miss College Event Planner

Last semester and this semester, I have bad the privilege of being on the events board for the College of Business and Communication. Every semester, we plan a summit for the students in the college to attend and hear from working professionals in their desired field. I can still remember the first summit I attended. I learned so much and every semester the event helps me define my career even more. (There is something to say about empathy, to me. It means a lot.)

Last semester, I got to host the keynote speaker, Robert Whitman, the CEO of FranklinCovey. It was REMARKABLE! The whole day I kept pinching myself. Within the first 10 minutes of meeting him, he offered to set me up with a job at one of the Wynn hotels (that he a partial owner of) as an event planner! It was incredible. Throughout the day, he soaked up his time with the students. He is such a humble man.

I ended up being invited to reminisce with him and his Harvard buddy and BYU-Idaho's president, Kim B. Clark.That was unforgettable.

He spoke a university forum in the afternoon and shed some words of wisdom about success. He based it off the principles below-

It was so inspirational and I reflect upon these principles almost weekly.

This semester, I get to host Curtis Peterson, who is the Planning Analyst for the Idaho and North America Central Areas of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The event is next week and I can't wait to meet him and the other speakers.

Check out who is coming this semester.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...