Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Miss Project Manager

I have been LOVING my new full-time on campus job this semester. I am a project manager for Creative Services at BYU-Idaho.

As a Project Manager, my primary responsibility is to see that project objectives are accomplished. I am in the center of interactive communication between clientele and team members.


Responsibilities Include:


*Technical Supervision
*Planning
*Organizing
*Directing
*Controlling

...might I add, intense ambiguity??


Here is the system I set up:

I email constantly. I am in contact with the client daily (usually multiple times a day) and I assure them of our progress. Our communication usually consists of me sending concepts via email and them telling me that things need to be changed.


Usually we will have a 'kick off' meeting to discuss ideas of what the client is seeking. I would say 7 out of 10 new projects that come in are "production," meaning, there are just a few changes needed to an existing design. Others that are designed from scratch go into this file holder that indicates "priority projects." Anything from the executive offices goes here.



New projects that come in and often time production projects go over here. I usually move 1-3 projects over to the priority projects a day. Currently I am balancing about 10 projects. This changes DAILY.


When a project has been submitted to the press, I put it in this file bin. This is my pending bin. It's a little bit of a mess right now. After this stage, it goes to the archives!




I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it has been working for me so far! Stay tune for more details about current jobs, tasks and dealing with clients and designers. (sheez)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...