Monday, August 23, 2010

Miss Project(s)


The stickers, bookmarks and programs I copied and am currently cutting out. Whew. It is a gem.
How many projects am I working on?? Possibly 10 or 9. No joke! Excuse my messy desk but I had to document how non-stop busy I have been the past few days at work.

We are of course getting everything finalized for the Book Festival which is one Sat. from 10am-6pm (PLUG) If you are in SLC or in the Utah area, or if you love me (yes, I just pulled that on you) then you will come! We are going to have so many great authors come and cooking demos with samples and a giant mouse will be walking around. It will be great. I will post the author schedule and stage schedule tomorrow.

Today I made about 20 plus calls to different schools around the U.S to offer a free presentation by Obert Skye, author of Leven Thumps. I hardly got a hold of people but I practiced some good sales skills. He is a great author and is promoting reading and using your imagination. (http://www.abituneven.com/)

Principle #1- Practice BEFORE you preach. I ran over in my mind a few times before I would pitch to each phone call because I didn't want to ruin professionalism! Tone is important too. I didn't want to get robotic or seem like I was selling something. I needed to fight for the cause. I have learned something about myself. If I believe in something, you don't need to convince me to sell it, just show me the info and once I believe it, my heart will sell it for you. This is why I would personally like to stick with one company instead of working in a firm.

Principle #2- Take notes and always stay tuned. With this book festival we have had so many details come up that we didn't ever expect because we are pioneering our way through it. My handy-dandy notepad has been helpful and constantly thinking about the event helps too. Becoming an effective note taker came from my 11th grade history teacher. She taught us how to letter and number outline notes. Thank you Mrs. Wong.

2 comments:

  1. Mallory, I love when you say 10 or 9. ha ha.
    It makes me happy. I am so proud of all your hard work! You have accomplished so much and are getting such great experience with this internship! You are awesome! I definitely am going to try and make it to the book festival! It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wish I could be at the book festival! I know your heart, and you do devote yourself in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...