Thursday, July 29, 2010

Miss Independent


I didn't estimate that my time would be dispersed the way it has been but I have been utterly busy! At work and outside of work.

( <---me waiting for the trax)

The projects that I have been working on...

They have allowed me to work on a few things independently and I have been really surprised. I am currently working on press releases for two books that are coming out this fall. Writing a press release for a book is very difficult. I am learning a lot about how to state unique and brief facts. Today the publicist taught me to think like a reporter. Good advice.

Two huge events are happening for Deseret Book. We have LDSBA (Latter-day Saint Book Association) next week in Provo! Its going to be compiled with bookstores that sell Deseret items from all over the country. I have been working on the breakfast that is happening Thursday morning. I have been editing the schedule and working on the room arrangement and A/V.

We are also getting ready for our HUGE Book Festival on August 28th at the University of Utah. This will be the first book festival that DB sponsors and we are basically pioneering the way. I have been in charge of configuring the signage. We have to put in a bid for costs and so I configured how many signs we needed after a walk through on campus yesterday. Lots of work and we have a great team.

Principle #1: If you take your job seriously, it will pay off! Working in event coordination on campus and planning events has really helped in preparation for these events. I am familiar with the type of venue and it is proving to help me be valuable in planning the event.

3 comments:

  1. Mallory! I saw your question about adding pictures. People have probably already answered but I will tell you anyways! When you're writing your blog post, the bar right above the text area have a lot of different icons. Click on the little icon that looks like a landscape picture and it will bring up a little window where you can browse the photos on your computer, how big you want it and where on the post you'd like it to be. Voila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are going great!!! keep posting!! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kira, thank you so much! It worked :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...