Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Miss Bling Bling




Have I mentioned how much I love my ring?



Cool story: Ever since about, high school, I have wanted a flattened diamond ring. (Now is know to call it a pave anniversary band.) I honestly haven't thought about it for a while until I started dating Nephi. When we started talking about marriage and eventually getting more serious about it besides the whole, "I can't wait till we get married (sigh)," kind of phase and more into the, "We are getting married and we need a ring," kind of phase, I finally started thinking about my ring.



We went ring shopping a few times in Rexburg and found a few that I liked but nothing that I loved and couldn't live without. We went home to Arizona and knew we HAD to buy the ring then. So, we went to Jared's and found it! I loved it and I knew it was the one. The price wasn't awful and we could even purchase "insurance" on the ring that would include: cleanings, diamond replacements, sizing, etc, for life! I was pretty convinced. HOWEVER, the our sale'lady' was really annoying. She kept trying to convince us to open an account with them, even though we said we didn't want to buy that day. We were annoyed.



Our friends told us that we should check out the Shane Co. before we leave Arizona. The Friday before we left, we went. My parents newer rings are from there and they are beautiful so I knew we would see a great selection. WE DID! At first I was discouraged because their bands were still too 'skinny' and not bling enough but she felt like she had seen the design I want in their company in the past. She checked online and found it. Then checked if they had it in stock in their store in Scottsdale, and found it. But, it wasn't out on display. She went into the back room and it turns out that they were just cleaning it to put on display. Just our LUCK!


Nephi bought it and we picked it up the next day, all sized and ready to go! What a relief. I love it and I thank Nephi almost every day for it. It is like our first child. We can't stop looking at it. :) Now all I need is a ring for Nephi...





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Chris Jones and I take care of Social Media for Shane Co. Congratulations on your engagement! I'm so happy that we were able to help you find the perfect ring! If I may ask, how did he propose to you?

    Thanks so much and I hope you have a great day.

    Best,

    Chris Jones
    Shane Co.
    chris.jones@shaneco.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...